Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Free Antivirus software?

Where can I find free antivirus software for windows vista before my computer has more infections than a cheap whore?



Free Antivirus software?norton internet security



William V, I'd disagree.



I've been an IT Professional for several years, and I'd recommend AVG Free. It's protected my Windows PC very well for a long time. The only disadvantage is that it won't protect you against spyware: for this (and I'm afraid it's paid-for) I'd recommend AVG Internet Security.



However, I'd argue that the solution is more in prevention than in cure:



-Don't use P2P file sharing software.



-Don't open email attachments unless you know what they are.



-Don't run .exe files unless you know what they are.



-Use common sense!



Free Antivirus software?spyware remove



AVG Anti- Virus is pretty good.
go www.download.com and u can find a lot of anti-virus and free
Avast or perhaps AntiVir
Do yourself a favor and make sure you have a REAL virus protector in place and keep it up to date. DO NOT use one of the free registry scrubbers or antivirus tools so many here suggest. Some of these are just ok, but far too many are themselves evilware and most of them are pretty flimsy. Some actually implant other spyware, adware or even viruses or trojans on your system and make things worse--far worse. The problem with a weak antivirus program is that it gives you a false sense of security--like Airborne cold-preventer. Using nothing at all would be better as you would be more careful about where you venture on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment